Richard Graves Associates was established in 2012 to provide ecological consultancy to the development industry.
Richard Graves Associates provides a full service which can take your development from pre-option due diligence through to post development monitoring. The following services are available:
- Pre-option and pre-purchase due diligence: find out what you need to know about the ecological risks involved at your site before you buy it, and if you decide to go ahead with the option or purchase you can anticipate what you need to budget
- Pre-application surveys: be informed about what you need to do to meet legal and planning requirements before somebody else tells you. The more work you can do in advance to convince regulators, the better your chances of obtaining a favourable decision.
- Baseline surveys: for planning and other submissions provide the information planners and regulators need to approve your development, available services include;
- Habitat Surveys: Phase 1 and Extended Phase 1 Survey – identify habitats on your site, recorded using standard codes
- Protected species walkover: find out what features are present which might support species and what further actions may be required
- Mammal surveys: best practice surveys for bats, badgers, otters, water voles and dormice
- Herpetofauna surveys: best practice surveys for amphibians (including great crested newts) and reptiles
- Land Use and Ecology Credits: BREEAM and Code for Sustainable Home land use and ecology credits are a cost effective way to achieve higher scores. We can advise you on the best solution to enhance your development.
- Ecological Impact Assessment (EcIA): if you need to submit an Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) with your application it will probably need to include a chapter on ecology.
- Discharging conditions and obtaining licences: conditions relating to wildlife and ecology are common and if your development affects a European Protected Species you may require a licence from the statutory regulator.
- Habitats Risk Assessment and Appropriate Assessment: If your development will be likely to affect a European site an HRA may be required by the statutory regulator.
- Expert Ecological Evidence: in the case of refusal, appeal and legal challenge we can provide evidence and expert representation at inquiry.
- Designing and implementing mitigation: our baseline reports and EcIA’s will recommend the appropriate mitigation and actions to allow your development to proceed legally.
- Management and biodiversity action planning: to ensure the long term future of the wildlife and habitats affected by your development, proper planning is required. We look to integrate your site with the wider landscape and achieve maximum benefit.
- Green infrastructure: when you want to include new habitats and features in your development we can advise you on the best options for green and brown living roofs, green walls, bridges and corridors and get the best value from promoting them.
All Richard Graves Associates staff are members, at the appropriate level, of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environment Management and adhere to its code of professional conduct in their work.